Wednesday 4 June 2014

To infinity and beyond....

Location: Eastleigh/Southampton

So I'm sitting here at the train station staring down the platform until I can't see where the train would turn and disappear, my train comes in 4 minutes and it will take me an hour and twenty minutes to get to London Waterloo,
Then I thought wow, I say it to myself as if it's only round the corner, I've only been here for five hours, I had people say to me, oh you have far to travel, or, you don't have to come today, but to me this journey isn't long at all, and not because I have the tendency to fall asleep within 20 minutes of any journey but because the world (well the UK in particular) doesn't even seem that small anymore,

Before my job, even the thought of travelling to Cambridge which is an hour and 35 minutes away by coach seemed like a big effort and a long distance, but I've now been blessed with a job that allows me to really open my eyes and see what this country has to offer, I've travelled to Scotland and back in one day, I've travelled to Sheffield and back in one day (although out of the 10 minutes I spent actually doing work in Sheffield, I actually spent 6 hours travelling), nowhere seems far anymore and now I feel as if the world is my oyster.

Sometimes when I haven't travelled in a while I get that itch, to just go to Waterloo, pick a place I've never been to and just get on the train, have you ever felt that way?

People always talk about travelling, going to places they've never been to but seldom do they do it,
How awesome would it be to show your children pictures of all the places you've seen, share all the stories you've collected, give them a glimpse into your world, how cultured would you be, how thankful and appreciative of breath taking sites or home comforts would you be?

Only two days ago I was in Glasgow, today I'm in Eastleigh and I'm already itching for that next adventure.

Is warn whoever wants to sample this drug, it gives you a high that only lasts so long, you'll be itching and foaming at the mouth for another adventure, to explore and live a different life even for the shortest amount of time.

I've noticed we don't travel around our own country, yet I've had foreigners tell me of all the places they've been to in the UK, how could I possibly not know my own home?

There's only a few places I've left unturned, Ireland being one of them,
The drug is wearing out and I'll soon need my next fix, who wants to get high with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment